February 2020: the challenges ahead

February 2020: the challenges ahead

Having achieved January's goal, I am approaching February with renewed energy and drive.
Another 2 kg are to be shed in the coming weeks and I need to plan strategies to help me reach my target.
The first difficulty is to find which small change to implement. In January I have cut the salt almost to zero (at least I am not adding any!) and it did work. It wasn't easy (what is?) but my taste buds are almost used to it. For Feb I was thinking about removing carbs at dinner, but I thought it was too big a task. Then I thought about going on portion control. But again, that is not a small change, and if is not small, then is not feasible.
Definitely two of my biggest issues here are quantity (I eat way too much) and quality (I eat too greasy).
Why do I eat too much and too greasy? I guess it is about the animal in me and the survival instinct Bla bla bla... I will touch on this another time.
One of the (many) reasons why I eat too much is because I eat too fast. My brain does not have time to feel satisfied as in a flash the plate is empty. Instead, it feels stressed by the fact that there is no food there! My stomach also doesn't have the time to feel satisfied, as it takes 20 minutes from when you start eating to feel satiety.
While other companion's plates are still full-ish, mine is bare empty. And the beat in me can't cope with this, needing to refuel the plate with a generous second helping...
The goal for February is now clear: eat slowly to increase awareness, to improve satisfaction, to eat less and to drop 2 kg!

Comments